Okta can be used to set up Single Sign-On (SSO) for Microsoft Office 365 by configuring it as an identity provider (IdP) using the Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) protocol. This SAML insertion allows users to log in to Office 365 using their Okta credentials rather than creating and managing separate credentials for Office 365. Here are the general steps to set up Okta as an IdP for Office 365:
- In Okta, please create a new SAML application and configure it to match the settings of your Office 365 tenant.
- Download the Okta SAML metadata file and import it into Office 365.
- Configure Office 365 to trust the Okta SAML application as an IdP.
- Map the Okta user attributes to the appropriate fields in the Office 365 user account.
- Enable the SSO and configure Office 365 to trust the Okta IdP.
- Test the SSO process by logging in to Office 365 with an Okta account to ensure everything is working as expected.
It's important to note that this is a high-level overview, and depending on the specific version of Microsoft Office 365, AD, and Okta version the steps could vary. It's also recommended to consult the Okta and Office 365 documentation for more detailed instructions and also consider having professional assistance to set it up.