What are Okta Workflows? How can I use them for my business?
- Workflow Idea
- If this, function
- Do this, action
- Deploy that, App
- For this user
What is an Okta Workflow?
What are Okta workflows?
Customers want more flexibility to handle more provisioning needs. They want logic, timing, and multiple actions to deploy an application to a user or user group. It truly lowers cost. If you value time, material, and efficiencies, this is the product set you need with your Okta Cloud suite.
Why do you want Okta Workflows?
The ability to apply time, logic, and place actions for multiple cloud applications in seconds. For example, here is a process your IT firm does repeatedly you can fix with Okta Workflows.
I hire a user.
I need to notify and allocate with Accounting with the budget request.
I need to provision the user.
I need to authenticate the user.
I need to buy a license for the user.
I need to allocate a license for the user.
I need to send a welcome invite email to the user.
I need, I need, I need.
Now Imagine you do this in one click with an Okta WorkFlow.
What does Okta Workflow achieve for my Organization?
Workflows take a granular action during the onboarding and offboarding of user.
- The ability to provide deep provisining.
- Apply a license. Apply to a group.
- Ability to deprovision users assets of a user to a manager. All the users files and folders are set to an approriate person.
- Create a tickets to track manual test. A legacy app doesn't have API however it is a manual provisioning for the application. A ticket should be created such as servicenow and populated with all the approriate info to the support engineer. When the ticket is closed, all upstream request are completed.
- Notification to admins. When the event fails Okta will notify a chat app such as Slack.
WorkFlows can Kick Off a business process to suit your needs. WorkFlows can pull info out of Okta, such as reports.
What workflow ideas can I do with Okta workflow?
When a user is added we need to purchase a license. We need to inform Accounting and then our license provider.
When you delete a user you have to move/push files to person and you have seven days. When a file is stagnant for X days, remove from the sync?
Create and Invite a Guest user. Create and Update a Distribution List.
- Remove from distribution list.
- Add to distribution list.
- Purchasing a license.
- Deleting a license.
- OneDrive when a user is add/deleted from service?
What can we do for your Okta workflow?
- WorkFlow Process Consulting
- Workflow Design
- Workflow API Consulting
- Increase in Costing Efficiency with your cloud license. The accounting department will be aligned with IT significantly.